[DRBD-user] testing drbdmanage with lvm thin pool features

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Sat Jun 6 12:27:29 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I am using drbdmanage, testing new lvm thin pool features. Here
is the output from 'lvs' on the node where I created 'vm-100-disk-2':

# lvs
  LV               VG       Attr       LSize  Pool         Origin Data%  Meta%
 Move Log Cpy%Sync Convert
  .drbdctrl        drbdpool -wi-ao----  4.00m
  drbdthinpool     drbdpool twi-aotz-- 30.00g                     0.01   0.49
  vm-100-disk-2_00 drbdpool Vwi-aotz-- 11.00g drbdthinpool        0.02

Seems drbdthinpool is still empty, because we have not written any data so far.
But on the other/secundary nodes I get:

# lvs
  LV               VG       Attr       LSize  Pool         Origin Data%  Meta%
 Move Log Cpy%Sync Convert
  .drbdctrl        drbdpool -wi-ao----  4.00m
  drbdthinpool     drbdpool twi-aotz-- 30.00g                     36.67  18.08
  vm-100-disk-2_00 drbdpool Vwi-aotz-- 11.00g drbdthinpool        99.99

seem it allocates full space there?

Also, sync takes a long time, and it seems that drbd copies 11g, although the
disk is completely empty?