[DRBD-user] DRBD spontaneously loses connection

Fabrizio Zelaya FZelaya at ta-petro.com
Thu Dec 10 15:27:36 CET 2015

Thank you Lars and Adam for your recommendations.

I have ping-timeout set to 5 and it still happened.

Lars with this fencing idea. I have been contemplating this, however I am
rebuilding servers which are already in place,  All the configuration
related to cman and drbd  was literally copied and pasted from the old
servers.

Is this concept of having dual-primary without fencing being a
mis-configuration something new?

I ask this because as you would imagine by now, the old servers are
working with the exact same configuration and have no problems at all. And
while your idea makes perfect sense it would also make sense to have the
exact same problem on every version of drbd.

There is a difference to be consider I guess. I am now installing this
servers using SL6 as you saw in my original email, the old servers are
working with Debian 6.0.7

The old servers are running  drbd8-utils  2:8.3.7-2.1

Thank you

Fabrizio Zelaya
Linux Systems Administrator
TravelCenters of America