[DRBD-user] DRBD keeps doing full resync

Cesar Peschiera brain at click.com.py
Thu Aug 20 19:35:57 CEST 2015

>  net {
>    data-integrity-alg crc32c; # crc32c, sha1, md5
>  }
This option only must be used for purposes of test, and never in a
production environment.
This directive commonly break the link of replication and produce into DRBD
a disconnection and, obviously, also a  "OOS" (out of sync)

>  syncer {
>    csums-alg crc32c; # crc32c, sha1, md5
>  }
I guess that is better to use "sha1", due to that is more robust.

And finally, is highly advisable to use the latest stable versions:
- drbd-utils 8.9.3 version
- drbd-8.4.6 or drbd-9.0.0 version (depending of your intentions in the
amount of DRBD replicated volumes)

Three tips of Hardware (common mistakes of many people):
1- Never uses NICs of the Realtek brand, at least for me, DRBD didn't work
well with this brand.
(but neither i did a test with the latest driver version.... ??? )

2- Moreover, if you have Servers with Intel processors, and your NICs
supports I/OAT DMA Engine, will be better to have it enabled in the Bios of
the server, with it enabled, the NICs will have access direct to the memory
of the Server (and obviously, it will gain speed), as also it will have less
consume of processor cycles.

3- Always is advisable update all the firmwares of each element of Hardware
that has your Servers (NICs, Bios, Chipsets, IDRAC, RAID controllers, etc.)