[DRBD-user] DRBD keeps doing full resync

Helmut Wollmersdorfer helmut.wollmersdorfer at fixpunkt.de
Thu Aug 20 09:14:19 CEST 2015

Am 19.08.2015 um 06:35 schrieb Viktor Villafuerte <viktor.villafuerte at optusnet.com.au>:

> Would you have any possible explanation for this? I did read man pages
> and about timeouts etc but I wonder why sometimes when the connection,
> after the sync, is broken it does full sync and this time it did only
> partial sync? The connection was broken just the same (according to
> logs).

Maybe network hiccups. I had some unexplainable problems during migrating drbd-devices to other clusters using the service IPs. Sometimes it worked, sometimes not.

After using

  net {
    data-integrity-alg crc32c; # crc32c, sha1, md5
  }
  syncer {
    csums-alg crc32c; # crc32c, sha1, md5
  }

in the configuration this sort of problems was away.

HTH

Helmut Wollmersdorfer