[DRBD-user] Fencing & split brain related questions

khaled atteya khaled.atteya at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 10:34:23 CET 2014

A- In DRBD Users's guide , in explanation of "resource-only" which one of
fencing policy , they said:

"If a node becomes a disconnected primary, it tries to fence the
peer's disk. This is done by calling the fence-peer handler. The handler is
supposed to reach the
other node over alternative communication paths and call 'drbdadm outdate
minor' there."

My question is : if the handler can't reach the other node for any reason
,what will happen ?

B- In active/passive mode , are these directives have effect:
Are these directives "after-sb-0pri , after-sb-1pri  , after-sb-2pri" have
effects in Active/passive mode or only in Active/Active mode ?
If they have effects , what if i don't set them , is their default value
for each ?

C- can I use SBD fencing with drbd+pacemaker rather than IPMI or PDU?

Thanks

--
KHALED MOHAMMED ATTEYA