[DRBD-user] performance

Timofey root timofey at koolin.ru
Wed Mar 12 07:29:23 CET 2014

I don’t have any tests. But I think about 8 different disks better than 1 big:
1. Resync time
2. 8x threads for work and network connections
3. In future you can add servers and have reorder some disks replication
4. If your filsystem crash or died you lost 1 disk instead of 8.

I had problem: I have created 10 disks, then sync it, unmount from first server, then mount on second server.
By drbd-overview I had UpToDate/UpToDate.

But really I had different content on disks: second drive had some different blocks/files.

I have fixed it by drbdadm verify and resync once time more.