[DRBD-user] performance

Harka Gyozo SA carlos at gamma.ttk.pte.hu
Sun Mar 9 21:50:36 CET 2014

Hi!

I have xen on drbd, it uses files as disks. If I create separated drbds to all
images I could format them and using the devices directly by the xen (this
would be faster), but that means I have to create 8 drbd "partition". What are
the performance parameters from the drbd's side?
One single big drbd is faster then 8 smaller one? Or If I have enough ram and
cpu power the eight process will work faster then one alone?
Resync times are not critical, and I use single primary mode (if it makes a
difference)...

Can't find measures about this on the net :(

HARKA Győző