[DRBD-user] Considerations for using bcache on top of DRBD

Andrew Martin amartin at xes-inc.com
Thu Feb 13 17:24:01 CET 2014

Hello,

I am interested in using an SSD with bcache on top of DRBD for improved read performance. Data integrity is the primary concern, so writethrough would be the bcache mode I use. Has there been any testing done with bcache on top of DRBD? Are there any things in particular I should consider during testing and deployment?

The entire stack would be:
HDDs <-- md/raid <-- LVM <-- DRBD <-- bcache <-- ext4

Thanks,

Andrew Martin