[DRBD-user] Compiling drbd-8.4.5

Andreas Mock andreas.mock at drumedar.de
Thu Aug 7 11:50:58 CEST 2014

Hi all,

just for the protocol.

After Lars and Roland made clear that a simple 'make' should
build drbd-8.4.5 without additional tasks I knew that
the error on my side must be caused by something I'm responsible
for. And this was exactly the case. After installing the RIGHT
kernel sources (yes, yes, this many minor version numbers) I was able
to build the drbd kernel modules as intended by a simple 'make'.

Anyways, I propose to insert a "Install.txt" file in the
driver package witch states that you have to simply install
the right kernel sources and run 'make'.

So, thank you guys for another realease of drbd and for the right
hint.

Best regards
Andreas