[DRBD-user] Compiling drbd-8.4.5

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Thu Aug 7 09:59:42 CEST 2014

On Wed, Aug 06, 2014 at 03:58:26PM +0000, Andreas Mock wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> just found out that there was a reorganisation
> in the source code structure of drbd-8.4.5 which
> means that the utils are in a seperate package.
>
> When I now untar the drbd-8.4.5.tar.gz I don't find
> a ./configure anymore, 'just' a Makefile.

Correct. That is the kernel part, here you do not need auto-magic. Just
execute "make" and it will build the kernel module (the .ko file). Then
you probably also want to install the module.

> What is the right way to build drbd-8.4.5 and the
> corresponding utils from source (utils do have
> a ./configure).

1) Build the kernel module with "make".
2) Build userspace with the usual "./configure", "make", "make install".
You probably want something like this:
./configure --prefix=/usr --localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc \
--without-83-support

./configure --help is your friend.

> Followed by praising the developers of drbd. ;-)

You should still do that! ;-)

Regards, rck