[DRBD-user] c-min-rate priority

Ben RUBSON ben.rubson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 17:23:43 CEST 2014

Hello,

Let's assume the following configuration :
disk {
    c-plan-ahead 0;
    resync-rate 680M;
    c-min-rate 400M;
}

Both nodes are uptodate, and on the primary, I have a test IO burst
running, using dd.

I then cut replication link for a few minutes so that secondary node will
be several GB behind primary node.

I then re-enable replication link.
What I expect here according to the configuration is that secondary node
will fetch missing GB at a 400 MB/s throughput.
DRBD should then prefer resync IOs over application (dd here) IOs.

However, it does not seems to work.
dd still writes at its best throughput, meanwhile reads are made from the
primary disk between 30 and 60 MB/s to complete the resync.
Of course this is not the expected behaviour.

Did I miss something ?

Thank you very much,

Best regards,

Ben