[DRBD-user] Integrating DRBD with Redhat cluster

Goutam Baul goutam.baul at rp-sg.in
Thu Sep 12 12:44:21 CEST 2013

Dear List,

On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 02:07:54PM +0530, Jayanta Ghosh wrote:
>> Dear List,
>>

>> We have deployed mailing solution over a two node cluster using Red
>> Hat Cluster Suit. The OS is RHEL 6.1 (64 bit) at our data center. We
>> are having an identical setup at our DR site. We need to replicate the
>>
>>  mail store and the mail queue to the DR site. For this we are
>> planning  to implement DRBD  8.4.3 (community version). We have
>> created the DRBD related RPMs using  the rpmbuild command and this has
>> generated the following
>> packages:

>> We have tested the drbd replication is happening. Now we would like to
>> integrate the drbd with Redhat failover cluster. We have incorporated
>> the changes in the cluster.conf file and the same is attached herein
>> for your reference. In the cluster.conf we have called a script
>> "drbd_manage.sh" to manage the operations of drbd and it is also attached
herewith.

>On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 Lars Ellenberg wrote

>Please.  Follow the DRBD User's Guide.
>Or other RHCS + DRBD cluster tutorials which follow it.

We are now using the tutorial written by Digimer
(https://alteeve.ca/w/2-Node_Red_Hat_KVM_Cluster_Tutorial#Creating_Clustered
_Storage_Services). The relevant portion of our cluster.conf file reads
like:

<resources>
                        <ip address="10.50.4.21" monitor_link="on"
sleeptime="10"/>
                        <script file="/etc/init.d/drbd" name="drbd"/>
                        <script file="/etc/init.d/httpd" name="httpd"/>
                        <fs device="/dev/emcpowera1" force_unmount="1"
fsid="61842" mountpoint="/var/www/html" name="webfs" options="rw"/>
                        <ip address="10.50.4.20" monitor_link="on"
sleeptime="10"/>
                        <script file="/etc/init.d/postfix" name="postfix"/>
                        <script file="/etc/init.d/courier-imap"
name="cuimap"/>
                        <script file="/etc/init.d/courier-authlib"
name="cuauth"/>
                        <script file="/etc/init.d/saslauthd"
name="saslauth"/>
                        <script file="/usr/etc/cron_manage.sh"
name="cron_manage"/>
</resources>
<service domain="dr_mail" name="mail" recovery="relocate">
                       <ip ref="10.50.4.20"/>
                        <script ref="drbd"/>
</service>

In this way the DRBD service starting fine. Now we need that the DRBD
resource become primary and mounted at proper mount points. We are not being
able to figure out how to proceed. Would anybody kindly help?

With regards,

Goutam