[DRBD-user] Highly available iSCSI storage with DRBD and Pacemaker - how to set VPD page 83 (Device Identification) using pacemaker

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Fri May 3 00:23:04 CEST 2013

Hi Maurits,

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Maurits van de Lande
<M.vandeLande at vdl-fittings.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I have setup “Highly available iSCSI storage with DRBD and Pacemaker” using Centos 6 and tgt. http://wiki.skytech.dk/images/4/44/Ha-iscsi.pdf

Try looking at page 12, section 5.2.1. :)

> I would like to use the iscsi disks with Windows clustering and therefore I need to set the VPD page 83 (Device Identification) parameter.
> How can I set the Device Identification Parameter using tgt?

You should be able to set that with the scsi_id parameter in
iSCSILogicalUnit. If you want details on how to do it manually with
tgtadm, look at the
iSCSILogicalUnit_start() function in that RA. Should be something
along the lines of:

tgtadm --lld iscsi --op update --mode logicalunit \
                    --tid=$tid \
                    --lun=$lun \
                    --params scsi_id=$id

Hope this is useful.