[DRBD-user] Relocating secondary volume

Lionel Sausin ls at numerigraphe.com
Fri Jul 26 12:55:10 CEST 2013

Le 25/07/2013 23:27, Charles Lyons - ConnetU a écrit :
> (...)
>
> If we snapshot a copy of the secondary over to the new node before
> your step (5), will the sync process just copy the data between the
> time the snapshot was taken and step (5) or would it still require a
> full re-sync (hence having gained nothing)?
Whether or not you "snapshot a copy of the secondary over to the new
node", a safe thing to do is to force-create new meta-data on the new
node, and let DRBD do a full sync.
Then you can still take advantage of a snapshot copy by setting
csums-alg : a full read will be done on both nodes but only the
different blocks will be written to the new node.
     http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-resync.html#p-checksum-sync
Lionel Sausin.