[DRBD-user] Device is held open by someone

Phillips, Dan Dan.Phillips at tekelec.com
Tue Feb 26 16:57:24 CET 2013

We have been working on same/similar "Device is held open by someone" issue for some time now. Occurs on fairly regular basis upon manual failover.

[root at jamaica-a logs]# tail -f /var/log/messages
Feb  8 04:59:35 jamaica-a kernel: ide: failed opcode was: unknown
Feb  8 04:59:35 jamaica-a kernel: drbd0: State change failed: Device is held open by someone
Feb  8 04:59:35 jamaica-a kernel: drbd0:   state = { cs:Connected st:Primary/Secondary ds:UpToDate/UpToDate r--- }
Feb  8 04:59:35 jamaica-a kernel: drbd0:  wanted = { cs:Connected st:Secondary/Secondary ds:UpToDate/UpToDate r--- }

Dan Phillips