[DRBD-user] Performance Issues on version 8.3.13

GG-Net Mailing mailing at gg-net.de
Thu Apr 25 14:04:29 CEST 2013

Hello,

i'm running drbd on two Debian Wheezy x64 servers.

I'm using protocol A for asynchronous sync, since one of the machines has a hybrid RAID10 on an adaptec 71605Q. Build of 2x 3TB Seagate Constellation CS SED and 2x Samsung 840 500GB. And the other only has a plain 1TB HDD.

If I run a simple dd test on the node with the RAID copying from /dev/zero to a file on the device with drbd disabled, I get results around 400mb/s.

The moment I start drbd with the node as primary and run the test again, my results are roughly 110mb/s.

Are there any known issues regarding this?

My configuration file for DRBD:

global { usage-count no; }
common {

  startup {