[DRBD-user] drbd reporting global section conflict

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Apr 9 18:06:59 CEST 2013

On Tue, Apr 09, 2013 at 11:11:58AM -0300, Equipe de Informática wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just to add an important information: the bug happens when I use the
> command: *drbdadm -t drbd.conf dump*
> (it seems that the test process is reading twice the configuration file)
>
> when I use the same configuration file to create the resource
> everything works fine

Works as designed.

The "-t" option is to be able to test a new "include" file for potential
typos or conflicts, *before* it is included, so it is parsed in addition
to the default config file.

If you want to check an alternative "full" config file,
you can explicitly give /dev/null as config file, and the to-be-testet
file as test file. Which is the same as not using -t at all, but just
using the config file as is, explicitly.

cp /etc/drbd.conf  /tmp/my_test_config.conf

drbdadm -t /tmp/my_test_config.conf dump
	# will give conflicts
drbdadm -c /dev/null -t /tmp/my_test_config.conf dump
	# should work, but is just a strange way of saying
drbdadm -c /tmp/my_test_config.conf dump
	# which may be what you actually want to use.

hth,

--
: Lars Ellenberg