[DRBD-user] dedicated network connection

Philip Gaw pgaw at darktech.org.uk
Wed Nov 28 21:33:29 CET 2012

On 28/11/2012 20:08, Mark Deneen wrote:
> I'd just like to note that we've had some trouble with certain NICs in
> which the adapter resets itself.  In this situation, funny things can
> happen with DRBD depending on how you are set up.  A switch in the
> middle keeps the link active on both nodes and can be used to prevent
> such a situation.

Have seen this myself on some HP kit (cant remember if it was broadcom
onboard or intel add-in pci-e cards that displayed the issues though)

I make almost exclusive use of Intel ET2 quad gigabit cards in my new
SAN (+iSCSI) + network stack and they have proven to be stable, fast and
solid.

know of others using Intel I340-T2 with no issue :-)

Thanks