[DRBD-user] Can't create internal meta-disk

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Mon Nov 26 12:36:20 CET 2012

Hi,

On 11/26/2012 12:05 AM, marcus wrote:

> Found ext3 filesystem
> 51200000 kB data area apparently used
> 51198400 kB left usable by current configuration QUESTION:

huh. So your filesystem is but half the size of your device? Or am I
misreading this? Something seems fishy here.

> how can I “zero out the device or otherwise use internal meta data?

A simple way is "dd if=/dev/zero of=<dev> bs=1M count=1"
This clears the first MB and (should) rid you of the filesystem.

> on
> host-1 { disk /dev/sdb1; on host-2 { disk /dev/sda6;

Hum. Different partitions between nodes? Are you certain that this is
what you intended?

Cheers,
Felix