[DRBD-user] Stacked resource high CPU during sync

Miles Lott mlott at gie.com
Sat Nov 24 14:19:02 CET 2012

It seems that the high load is only present during the active rsync
process.  Sorry for the false alarm.

On 11/22/2012 7:04 PM, Miles Lott wrote:
> We have a 3 node setup nearing deployment into production use.  We're
> running 8.4.2 on Centos 6.3.
>
> The 3rd node is at the other end of a point to point 60Mb/S fiber.
> Whenever we start copying large amounts of data, say several hundred
> gigabytes, the third node falls out of sync.  That wouldn't be so
> terrible except that during the resync process, the load average on
> the current primary server runs up to about 8 or 10.

Privileged, Proprietary and/or Confidential Information may be contained in
this electronic message.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should
not copy it, re-transmit it, use it or disclose its contents, but should
kindly return to the sender immediately and delete your copy from your system.
Gulf Interstate Engineering Company does not accept responsibility for
changes made to this electronic message or its attachments.