[DRBD-user] drbd performance problem: kernel 2.6.18 with drbd 8.4.1, the sync speed is not stable.

zf5984599 zf5984599 at gmail.com
Wed May 30 09:57:14 CEST 2012

hi, dear drbd team:

I used linux kernel 2.6.18 to run drbd, drbd's version is 8.4.1.

And the "dd" command writing performance is about 40M/s, some times it could go to 80 M/s ;)
The performance is so not stable.
is this unstable induced by the drbd verson is too new against with the kernel version?

And I have another one doubt, if the network bindwith is 1000Mbps(125MBps),using drbd to sync,
how about the max sync speed when writing data to devices?
such as using "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/drbd0 bs=1M count=1024 xxx_flag"
Is it able to achieve 100MB/s ?

Many thanks
zheng feng