[DRBD-user] drbd-8.3.13.tar.gz

Christian Balzer chibi at gol.com
Tue May 15 16:58:57 CEST 2012

Hello Lars,

http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts/DependencyBasedBoot

> And that is supposed to have what effect?
http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts
Making it actually work and not just sit there and ignore input. ^o^

For example another init script in Debian testing marked interactive
is apache2, for those really paranoid people who have passwords on
their SSL keys. ^.^

> And that is supposed to work with which distributions?
> And that is documented where?

See first URL, it being LSB pretty much every distro.

> > This was recently fixed in Debian and has bitten yours truly quite
> > painfully in the ass twice, before I realized what was going on.
> >
> > Since "wfc-timeout" defaults to 0 and pretty much all example
> > configurations suggest that that as well the init script really needs
> > to interactive.
> >
> > I experienced a double (both nodes) crash in the past, one node never
> > recovered and the other was stuck in the boot process waiting for it
> > with no way to resume booting due to the inability to actually enter
> > "yes" at the prompt...
>
> The "yes" should work now, btw,
> and you can always ssh in and kill the drbdsetup wait-conn processes.

I don't think it works on systems with dependency based boot w/o that
X-Interactive line. And I think it hangs in the boot process before sshd is
started (though I really haven't tested and thought of that), certainly
before another console screen and logins are available.

> > Would be nice if this could be fixed for any future releases and
> > heads-up to anybody reading this.
>
> If we knew about that particular magic,
> we might even have added that line already.
>
> But sorry, I don't really read (or follow)
> init script magic comment RFCs too often ;-)
>
> Thanks for bringing this up.

No problem, I thought it might have caught your eyes when first doing that
LSB header or when it was reported and fixed in Debian.

> If you had brought it up during RC,
> you probably had it in now.

See above, I was fully expecting it to be there and had no time for RC
testing. Oh well, hopefully people will read this until the next release.

Regards,

Christian
chibi at gol.com   	Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Communications
http://www.gol.com/