[DRBD-user] Hardware-recomendation needed

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Fri Mar 30 21:15:32 CEST 2012

Re: RAID 1; I've used these little adapters quite a bit in production
and have not had any heat problems;

http://usa.chenbro.com/corporatesite/products_detail.php?sku=72

SSDs are nice, but they are not enterprise class (unless you have
serious money). I'd recommend looking at 2x seagate 10k or 15k SAS
drives. Plug those into an LSI 9265-8i with BBU and you will likely find
the performance is quite nice, without inducing the risks of running
into early failure on SSDs.

Digimer

--
Digimer