[DRBD-user] Quick heads-up in case you see us disappearing from the list (was Re: Switch from MD to DRBD)

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Tue Mar 20 21:50:38 CET 2012

Florian Haas wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Florian Haas<florian at hastexo.com>  wrote:
>

> just so you know: after this, an angry email was directed at me
> personally from Linbit management, informing me that the user list was
> "not a marketing platform," that this was "abuse" of the mailing list,
> and threatening to block all email sent to the list from the
> hastexo.com domain.

If that's their attitude, how long is it going to be before they go
closed source?  Have to say, it gives me pause about the future of DRBD
as an open source product if Linbit is going to shut down folks who
support their product - particularly someone who's supported the product
and community as much as you have.

Miles Fidelman