[DRBD-user] DRBD - one half of Proxmox cluster miscommunicating

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Tue Jul 31 11:33:31 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 07/31/2012 11:27 AM, JAMES GIBBON wrote:
> Ah, thanks Felix.
>
> So - I think I need to do, on the broken node:
>
>   # drbdadm disconnect all
>   # drbdadm secondary all
>   # drbadm connect --discard-my-data all

without checking back with the Guide, this *looks* sound to me.
Disconnecting does not appear to be necessary, your node disconnected on
its own.

> Since the "survivor" node appears to be in "WFConnection" state
> according to its /proc/drbd, I don't need to do anything from there.

Correct.

> Is there a risk that it will attempt to connect without doing
> "--discard-my-data" when the correct IP address comes up?

As long as it's Standalone, no, not a real danger at all. If if you
*would* attempt such a connection, DRBD would severe the link upon split
brain detection.

What's bugging me a bit is the relatively high number of "out of sync"
blocks as reported by your second node. Are you absolutely certain that
no VM has been started on this node since you've lost connectivity? For
that matter, how certain are you about the exact time your nodes started
diverging?

You may want to check your logs. If possible, you may want to copy your
second node's data before syncing, just to be safe.

Good luck!