[DRBD-user] DRBD - one half of Proxmox cluster miscommunicating

JAMES GIBBON james.gibbon at virgin.net
Tue Jul 31 11:16:29 CEST 2012

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 10:57:47 +0200
Dirk Bonenkamp - ProActive <dirk at proactive.nl> wrote:

> Since the problem is on the slave, I wouldn't worry to much.
> Fix the IP on the slave and issue the 'drdbadm connect all' on
> the slave. If it has been the slave all the time, it should
> connect and synchronise without complaining.
>
> And... just to be sure: Make a backup of the data on the master
> node...

Thanks, Dirk!

Unfortunately I can't back up the master node's data. It consists of
running VM disk images, and most of them can't be shut down in the
foreseeable future.

The "troublesome" node is configured to be the official slave, so it
sounds as though it won't affect the master's view of the data.

I'm guessing the sync operation will take quite a long time and cause
a performance hit on those VMs, so I'll have to do it out of hours.

James