[DRBD-user] First DRBD attempt -- HELP pls

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Tue Jan 24 09:56:49 CET 2012

On 01/24/2012 04:05 AM, Trey Dockendorf wrote:
> block drbd0: open("/dev/vg_cllakvm2/lv_vmstore") failed with -16

David: Is this where you take the "already mounted bit" from?

I can merely tell that there is a problem. I'd be interested to learn
what the actual state of the system was at the time wrt. your LVs.

But David's call sounds pretty close. To drive this point home: You
cannot just put some DRBD metadata around your LVs and let something
sync. You must actually *mount the DRBD instead of the backing device*.

As for the other confusion: A Primary does not implicitly require its
local disk to be UpToDate. For that matter, it doesn't even need it to
be attached (or built into your box =). However, the Primary *must* have
access to UpToDate data, and if that's not its local backing device, it
must be Connected to its peer and the peer's disk must be UpToDate.
Think of it as DRBD's "awesome mode". ;-)

Cheers,
Felix