[DRBD-user] First DRBD attempt -- HELP pls

David Coulson david at davidcoulson.net
Tue Jan 24 04:14:39 CET 2012

On 1/23/12 10:05 PM, Trey Dockendorf wrote:
> What's odd is the sync hang only happened once I unmounted the LV
> /vmstore.  Reading the docs I found it mentions the resource not
> having to be empty, but doesn't mention if it can be in use.

You tried to sync your DRBD resource using two LVs as the backing disk,
with one of the LVs mounted? You're pretty much shooting yourself in the
foot at that point. Aside from the fact that any writes to the LV
directly won't get replicated over to your other DRBD box, you probably
ended up in a situation where DRBD was keeping track of changes, and
something updated outside of DRBD which screwed it all up.

Why not start over with two new LVs, setup a DRBD resource, let them
sync and verify that that part works before you try to do anything else
with it.