[DRBD-user] Archlinux packaging

Seblu seblu at seblu.net
Thu Feb 2 10:43:42 CET 2012

On 01/02/2012 19:30, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 05:58:48PM +0100, Seblu wrote:
>> Why there is a global version and not only api and proto version in
>> module? This would let userland be improved while compatibility with
>> api/proto doesn't change.
>
> Because.
> We screwed up the compatibility based only on the api version before.

If i understand correctly, this will not change in a near future?

So to respect your wishes, i have to provide strict matching version
between module and userland.

>> Is there a way to disable it?
>
> Sure.
> 1) patch it, relevant function is warn_on_version_mismatch()
You check sub versions in your code and you decide to print a warning.
I'm not drbd dev I do not have to remove it.

> 2) export DRBD_DONT_WARN_ON_VERSION_MISMATCH=any-value,even-an-empty-one
i let user take this option.

I thought more has an option to disable it at the build time.

Thanks for your support!

--
Sébastien Luttringer