[DRBD-user] Archlinux packaging

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Feb 1 19:30:27 CET 2012

On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 05:58:48PM +0100, Seblu wrote:
> >> I doesn't try to build module! Unfortunatly, building userland check
> >> kernel version.
> >
> > I somehow doubt that?
> >
> >> i run ./configure --without-km. That should suffice to build userland
> >> only, no?
> >
> > Yes. I think that would even be the default, so:
> > ./configure --prefix=/usr --localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc
>
> http://pastebin.com/PC51e60R

Waaaah.
The stupid buildtag :(

Ok...

well, just drop those few lines from that Makefile,
as indicated before.

> DRBD module version: 8.3.11
>    userland version: 8.3.12
> preferably kernel and userland versions should match.
>
> So i introduce again my question about userland versionning in kernel:
>
> Why there is a global version and not only api and proto version in
> module? This would let userland be improved while compatibility with
> api/proto doesn't change.

Because.
We screwed up the compatibility based only on the api version before.

> Is there a way to disable it?

Sure.
1) patch it, relevant function is warn_on_version_mismatch()
2) export DRBD_DONT_WARN_ON_VERSION_MISMATCH=any-value,even-an-empty-one

--
: Lars Ellenberg