[DRBD-user] Manual Stack

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Tue Aug 28 11:07:38 CEST 2012

On 08/17/2012 06:38 PM, J.R. Lillard wrote:
> I was wondering if it's possible to to create a DRBD resource on top of
> another one without using the stacked configuration options.

Uhm, why? Stacking would be the exact solution to your problem.

Please note that making B the replication master for C will not guard
you against any possible latency issues on A, because protocol C will
forward *all* latencies from B to A. As a matter of fact, slowing down
the peer in a protocol C setup may hurt you *more* than doing it to the
primary (but don't quote me on that ;-)

Cheers,
Felix