[DRBD-user] Drbd : PingAsk timeout, about 10 mins.

simon litao5 at hisense.com
Tue Aug 21 09:40:34 CEST 2012

Hi Pascal,

I can’t reproduce the error because the condition that it issues is very especially.  The Master host is in the   “not real dead” status. ( I doubt it is Linux’s panic). The TCP stack maybe is bad in Master host. Now I don’t want to avoid it because I can’t reproduce it. I only want to succeed to  switch form Master to Slave so that my service can be supplied normally. But I can’t right to switch because of the 10 minutes delay  of Drbd.

I run “drbdsetup 0 show” on my host, it shows as following,

disk {

        size                    0s _is_default; # bytes

        on-io-error             detach;

        fencing                 dont-care _is_default;

        max-bio-bvecs           0 _is_default;

}

net {

        timeout                 60 _is_default; # 1/10 seconds

        max-epoch-size          2048 _is_default;

        max-buffers             2048 _is_default;

        unplug-watermark        128 _is_default;

        connect-int             10 _is_default; # seconds

        ping-int                10 _is_default; # seconds

        sndbuf-size             0 _is_default; # bytes

        rcvbuf-size             0 _is_default; # bytes

        ko-count                0 _is_default;

        allow-two-primaries;

        after-sb-0pri           discard-least-changes;

        after-sb-1pri           discard-secondary;

        after-sb-2pri           disconnect _is_default;

        rr-conflict             disconnect _is_default;

        ping-timeout            5 _is_default; # 1/10 seconds

}

syncer {

        rate                    102400k; # bytes/second

        after                   -1 _is_default;

        al-extents              257;

}

protocol C;

_this_host {

        device                  minor 0;

        disk                    "/dev/cciss/c0d0p7";

        meta-disk               internal;

        address                 ipv4 172.17.5.152:7900;

}

_remote_host {

        address                 ipv4 172.17.5.151:7900;

}

In the list ,  there is  “timeout                 60 _is_default; # 1/10 seconds”.

Thanks.

                                                               Simon