[DRBD-user] High io-wait

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Wed Aug 15 02:26:26 CEST 2012

Hi,
now that I got the re-sync issue sorted by moving to 8.3 instead of 8.4 I'm
investigating why I'm seeing an i/o load of 20% even when I run a fio
sequential write test throttled to 5M/s. Once I disconnect the secondary
node the i/o wait time decreases significantly so it seems the connection
to the other node is the problem.
I did a bandwidth test with iperf that shows 940Mbit/s and ping shows a
latency of consistently 0.3ms so I can't really see an issue here.
Any ideas what could be going on here.

Regards,
  Dennis