[DRBD-user] when does 'drbdadm wait-connect all' return?

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Apr 30 14:32:26 CEST 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 11:42:10AM -0700, Brian Chrisman wrote:
> Documentation drbdadm is ambiguous here:
> "Waits until the device is connected to its peer device."
> .. because the phrase 'the device' implies a single device.
>
> In such a case as 'drbdadm wait-connect all', I would assume that the
> command returns when all devices have connected but wanted to verify that
> is the case.

wait-connect returns when
  either the connection handshake was successfull, and
  	connection state is now "Connected" or one of the Sync states,
  or the resource went into "StandAlone"
  	unless you wait-connect with "--wait-after-sb",
  or the wait timeout expired.

drbdadm whatever all
	calls the respective drbdmeta or drbdsetup command
	for all resources in turn.

so drbdadm wait-connect all would return after all individual drbdsetup
wait-connect exited, for whatever reason, and of course there is no
guarantee that those that connected first are really still connected
when the last drbdsetup exits.

Did that help at all?

--
: Lars Ellenberg