[DRBD-user] Backup issues with OCFS2

Dirk Bonenkamp - ProActive dirk at proactive.nl
Thu Apr 5 18:32:28 CEST 2012

Hi,

I've changed my setup, I know have:

Disk -> DRBD -> LVM -> OCFS2

I have clvm and lvm2 running (both clones) and things seem to work fine.
(After some fiddeling, I'm new to LVM. I needed cLVM to get things
working smooth).

I can create a snapshot volume, but I fail to succesfully change the
UUID / volume label:

root at scan1:~# lvcreate -s -L 50G -n SS /dev/r0/scans
  Logical volume "SS" created
root at scan1:~# tunefs.ocfs2 --cloned-volume -L SS /dev/r0/SS
Updating the UUID and label on cloned volume "/dev/r0/SS".
DANGER: THIS WILL MODIFY THE UUID WITHOUT ACCESSING THE CLUSTER
SOFTWARE.  YOU MUST BE ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT NO OTHER NODE IS USING THIS
FILESYSTEM BEFORE MODIFYING ITS UUID.
Update the UUID and label? y
tunefs.ocfs2: OCFS2 inode is not a directory while opening device
"/dev/r0/SS"

Anyone familiar with this setup / error message?

Thank you in advance,

Dirk