[DRBD-user] Enabling a stacked resource - HELP!

Bart Coninckx bart.coninckx at telenet.be
Thu Sep 8 21:36:55 CEST 2011

On 09/08/11 18:23, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 09:07:25AM -0700, SlingPirate wrote:
>>
>> Sorry about this it's just that I want to be absolutely certain.
>>
>> With the 3 node setup i could have both node 1&  node 2 reading&  writing at
>> the same time?
>>
>> Both local nodes would
>
> No, of course not.  And that is not needed.
> How about one DRBD per VM backing store block device?
>
> But if you insist on the complexity of using image files on some cluster
> file system on dual primary DRBD, with proper fencing, of course,
> that's your call.  That would not necessarily help to improve your
> availability, or performance, though.
>
>> Lars Ellenberg wrote:

>>> No.

>>> Do a "classic" stacked three node setup.

>>> No need anymore...

What about of he wants to have HVM DomUs? Would he still be able to do
without the complexity of a cluster filesystem and image files?
I could be wrong, but that is what I understand from:

http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-xen-configure-domu.html

"There are three sets of circumstances under which you cannot use this
approach:

     You are configuring a fully virtualized (HVM) domU."

thx!

B.