[DRBD-user] Panic

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Fri Oct 7 16:54:16 CEST 2011

On 2011-10-07 15:35, Igor Neves wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes, the drbd it's replicating over SDP sockets.
>
> Yes, I know that fixes, the problem it's I think they are not possible
> to have in Centos 5, because the kernel it's too old, correct me if I'm
> wrong.

Don't use SDP with DRBD if the SDP implementation that ships with your
RDMA stack is broken. And the OFED version you're using does come with
broken SDP, unfortunately.

If you want to replicate DRBD over InfiniBand on CentOS 5, just going
the IPoIB route is probably your best option.

> How it's the state of art with drbd+sdp in Centos 6? I have been reading
> a couple of guys posting on the mailing, complaining about problems with it.
>
> We also need to change to newer versions because NUMA and Pinning stuff
> with updated libvirt and kernel, but we are dependent on Centos 6
> drbd+sdp 100% supported.

I can't make any statements about what's supported (as in, covered under
a support contract) now that I don't work for Linbit anymore. But as the
RDMA parts that RHEL 6 ships are equivalent to OFED 1.5.4+ (iirc), you
should be OK as far as the inclusion of Lars' patches in SDP is concerned.

Cheers,
Florian

--
Need help with DRBD?