[DRBD-user] DRBD stability - machine auto reboot

Steve Kieu msh.computing at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 23:37:48 CET 2011

all right found this line

pri-on-incon-degr "/usr/lib/drbd/notify-pri-on-incon-degr.sh;
/usr/lib/drbd/notify-emergency-reboot.sh; echo b > /proc/sysrq-trigger ;
reboot -f";
                pri-lost-after-sb
"/usr/lib/drbd/notify-pri-lost-after-sb.sh;
/usr/lib/drbd/notify-emergency-reboot.sh; echo b > /proc/sysrq-trigger ;
reboot -f";
                local-io-error "/usr/lib/drbd/notify-io-error.sh;
/usr/lib/drbd/notify-emergency-shutdown.sh; echo o > /proc/sysrq-trigger ;
halt -f";

I did not read what the directive means yet - but if it is because of these
then why it is commented out by default then? I would expect no need to
reboot if secondary goes off like that - it should be the stop syncing and
behave in a one node only,

Is it any harm to comment them out?

many thanks for your hint

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 9:31 AM, Charles Kozler <charles at fixflyer.com>wrote:

> DRBD RPM's on RedHat based systems ship with event handler scripts to
> execute auto reboot style scripts on degradation of data on certain hosts.
> While this may not be the same issue I faced, take a look at
> global_common.conf in /etc/drbd.d/ and comment out the lines that execute
> scripts on certain events (I commented them all out since I don't want DRBD
> deciding such extreme measures to take).

Steve Kieu