[DRBD-user] DRBD stability issues

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Thu Nov 17 09:01:35 CET 2011

On 11/16/11 22:46, Steve Kieu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> The multi volume feature is quite useful. With this I can for example
> switch Primary/Secondary individually if mysql or pgsql crashed without
> affecting each other.

Well _that_ you really don't need multi-volume for. :) You could have
done that with just two independent resources (with 8.3, as well).

Where multi-volume does help you is if you need to keep your PostgreSQL
and MySQL databases in some sort of sync, i.e. you need to enforce write
fidelity across both databases. Which is a bit unlikely, if I may say so.

Cheers,
Florian

--
Need help with High Availability?