[DRBD-user] DRBD sync speed is too fast comparing to my conf

vferon valferon at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 16:01:23 CET 2011

Hello,

In my config file I specified a sync rate of 30M but in reality, when a
create a file on the master, it replicates it at more thant 70M/s and
using most of my bandwidth.

Here is my config file :
/****************************************************************************************************/
global { usage-count no; }
resource r0 {
        protocol C;
        startup {
                wfc-timeout  15;     # wfc-timeout can be dangerous
(http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/3465-Is-it-safe-to-use-wfc-timeout-in-DRBD-configuration)
                degr-wfc-timeout 60;
        }
        net {
                cram-hmac-alg sha1;
                shared-secret "sdlkjSFcqseazecj3345Sd";
                after-sb-0pri discard-zero-changes;
                after-sb-1pri discard-secondary;
                after-sb-2pri disconnect;
                max-buffers 80000;
                max-epoch-size 20000;
                unplug-watermark 16;
                sndbuf-size 10485760;

        }
        syncer {
        rate 30M;
        }
        on plmbnas01 {
                device /dev/drbd0;
                disk /dev/sda4;
                address 10.0.0.11:7788;
                meta-disk internal;
        }
        on plmanas01 {
                device /dev/drbd0;
                disk /dev/sda4;
                address 10.0.0.10:7788;
                meta-disk internal;
        }
}

Did someone has the same problem and how dit he solve it?

Thanks

Valentin Feron