[DRBD-user] Low.dev. smaller than requested DRBD-dev. size.

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Tue May 31 16:47:25 CEST 2011

On 05/31/2011 04:06 PM, Chris Barnes wrote:
> That seems to be the recurring problem - the resource is NOT empty. It's
> in production.
>
> The docs seem to be written for folks that have 2 brand new, empty disk
> arrays.  At least in the places I work, that's never gonna happen.

Doesn't compute. Is the larger array live or the smaller one?

If the larger one is live, you're probably out of luck. How would you
want to replicate onto a smaller array?

If the smaller one is live, I don't see the harm in resizing the larger one.

If both hold live data - well, then you're about to blast the part on
the larger one anyway, so resize away ;-)

Cheers,
Felix