[DRBD-user] Low.dev. smaller than requested DRBD-dev. size.

Chris Barnes chris-barnes at tamu.edu
Tue May 31 16:06:37 CEST 2011

On 5/31/2011 7:11 AM, Lionel Sausin wrote:
> Because the other node can be primary any time - so the resource has to
> be the same size on both nodes.
> If the resource is still empty, the fastest move is to delete the LVs
> and start again with LVs of the same size.
> Otherwise, I think the 7TB node could be shrunk to 4TB (after shrinking
> the filesystem of course) but it may be a bit complex :
> http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-resizing.html

That seems to be the recurring problem - the resource is NOT empty.
It's in production.

The docs seem to be written for folks that have 2 brand new, empty disk
arrays.  At least in the places I work, that's never gonna happen.

--
Chris Barnes                           AOL IM: CNBarnes
chris-barnes at tamu.edu                Yahoo IM: chrisnbarnes
Computer Systems Manager               MSN IM: chris at txbarnes.com
Department of Physics                      ph: 979-845-1379
Texas A&M University                      fax: 979-845-2590