[DRBD-user] Order for dis/enabling DRBD two-primary when planning network works...

Daniel Meszaros spam at meszi.de
Wed May 18 17:41:23 CEST 2011

Hi there,

just for confirmation that I planned everything the right way: I want to
mount some additional GBICs into a switch that also runs the DRBD
two-primary pair. I need to power the device down so I need to disable
DRBD temporarily, too. My planned steps are:

1. Make a side secondary.
2. drbdadm/detach the secondary side.
3. Stop DRBD on secondary side.
4. Power down the switch, mount the GBICs, power up the switch.
5. Start DRBD on the secondary side.
6. drbdamd/attach the secondary side.
7. Wait until both are in sync.
8. Make both primary again.

Can you confirm or tell me if I forgot a thing?

CU,
Mészi.