[DRBD-user] Backing up MySQL data in DRBD Cluster

Alawi, Abraham Abraham.Alawi at team.telstra.com
Wed Mar 30 08:01:09 CEST 2011

I guess you can set up DRBD as active-active so you can access the DRBD storage on both nodes and setup MySQL  as active-passive. I'm not sure about the coherency of the FS on the back up node though even if you will mount it as RO but you will be safe if you are using a clustered FS but in such a case it will add more complexity to the setup and generally speaking two nodes active-active cluster is fragile and might end up with many brain-split situations.

Cheers,

n  Abraham