[DRBD-user] Backing up MySQL data in DRBD Cluster

Mateusz Kalisiak mk.spare999 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 23:37:20 CEST 2011

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to setup the standard MySQL-DRBD-HA architecture:
- PRIMARY server with MySQL and mounted /dev/drbd0,
- SECONDARY just being standalone and waiting for failover.
Additionally, during normal cluster activity (primary server is fine and
active) I'd like to perform backup of MySQL data, but using only SECONDARY
node.
Did anyone tried such thing?
Maybe such feature would be available somehow in ACTIVE-ACTIVE architecture
(although according to MySQL docs it's not
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/drbd-architecture.html#qandaitem-B-14-3-1-1)

Regards,
Mateusz