[DRBD-user] Using secondary

Samson Yeung samson at editshare.com
Tue Mar 8 19:58:21 CET 2011

Hi all,

I'm investigating DRBD and have a question, in case I skipped over a
config option in the documentation.

In most cases, it absolutely makes sense for reads to be satisfied
from the primary's local disk because it's fastest. However, in my
specific case involving busy fileservers and spinning disks, requests
via the dedicated 10-gig connection between servers and un-busy disks
on the secondary is faster than reading from the busy disks on the
primary.

So, does drbd support satisfying read requests by sending the read
request over the drbd link to the secondary node's disks?

(I am *not* talking about being able to mount the secondary on the
secondary machine.)

-Samson