[DRBD-user] drbd 8.4 / kernel 3.0 stable

Walter Robert Ditzler ditwal001 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 22:36:04 CEST 2011

hi all,

recently i posted a thread, not to be able to compile and create drbd 8.4
package against 3.0 stable kernel. the comments,  I have maybe a broken
system or need to learn how to prepare the kernel source for compiling, I am
fine with it.

at the end I even succeed to compile 8.4 and distribute it within the deb
packages onto our servers.

but here comes:

when I download from that link
[http://oss.linbit.com/drbd/8.4/drbd-8.4.0.tar.gz] it doesn't work, because
the "debian" folder with its contens is missing (rules, changelog, ...)!

when I do it through the git clone git://git.drbd.org/drbd-8.4 then suddenly
all works, but!!!! with the git version I suddenly have the debian folder
into the 8.4 directory which is so needed to integrate drbd into kernel
source as well as building the deb packages!

any answers for that behavior?

thanks walter :-)