[DRBD-user] cs: Unconfigured

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Wed Jul 20 12:09:29 CEST 2011

On 07/20/2011 12:03 PM, Edwige Odedele wrote:
> root at sd-xxxx5:~# cat /proc/drbd
> version: 8.3.7 (api:88/proto:86-91)
> GIT-hash: ea9e28dbff98e331a62bcbcc63a6135808fe2917 build by root at sd-xxxx5,
> 2011-
> 05-04 10:47:00
>  0: cs:Connected ro:Secondary/Secondary ds:Diskless/UpToDate C r----
>     ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 al:0 bm:0 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0 ep:1 wo:b oos:0

Please disconnect that.

> root at sd-xxxx5:~# lvs

It's not abundantly clear to me what's holding your lower device, so you
will need to find that out on your own (lsof and fuser come to mind).
I'm especially unsure whether the empty lvs output means that LVM is not
the culprit. You may want to check vgscan, pvs and their ilk.

Do find out what has claimed your backing device. That's the single most
important step right now.

HTH,
Felix