[DRBD-user] cs: Unconfigured

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Wed Jul 20 09:37:52 CEST 2011

Hi,

you should CC the list with your replies.

On 07/20/2011 09:28 AM, Edwige Odedele wrote:
> Thank for your response,
> In fact, i did has you said but i got this error:
>
> root at sd-xxxx5:~# cat /proc/drbd
>
> version: 8.3.7 (api:88/proto:86-91)
>
> GIT-hash: ea9e28dbff98e331a62bcbcc63a6135808fe2917 build by
> root at sd-xxxx5, 2011-
>
> 05-04 10:47:00
>
>  0: *cs:Unconfigured*
> root at sd-xxxx5:~# drbdadm up data
>
> *0: Failure: (114) Lower device is already claimed. This usually means
> it is mounted.*

Interesting.

> *Command 'drbdsetup 0 disk /dev/sda4 /dev/sda4 internal --set-defaults
> --create-device' terminated with exit code 10*
> what shall I do now?

You probably managed to mount the backing storage. This is not good,
your DRBD cluster is likely already corrupted.

First off, please share your DRBD config and the contents of
/proc/mounts on the misbehaving node.

Your Secondary is probably fine, so after you find the issue, you should
*not* drbdadm up data, but do these instead:
1. drbdadm attach data
2. drbdadm invalidate data
3. drbdadm syncer data
4. drbdadm connect data

This way, you should get a full sync from your Secondary, and need not
fear corrupting it.

HTH,
Felix