[DRBD-user] problem setting up a logical volume with drbd

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Tue Jul 19 16:57:05 CEST 2011

On 07/19/2011 10:55 AM, listslut at outofoptions.net wrote:
> I can create a Volume Group and the data gets replicated from one
> machine to the other.  This command fails though:
>
> [root at thing1 lvm]# /usr/sbin/lvcreate -n vmdata -l 69972 thing0
>     Logging initialised at Tue Jul 19 10:53:21 2011
>     Set umask to 0077
>     Setting logging type to disk
>     Finding volume group "thing0"
>     Archiving volume group "thing0" metadata (seqno 15).
>     Creating logical volume vmdata
>     Creating volume group backup "/etc/lvm/backup/thing0" (seqno 16).
>   Error locking on node thing1.eyemg.com: device-mapper: create ioctl
> failed: Device or resource busy
>   Error locking on node thing2.eyemg.com: device-mapper: create ioctl
> failed: Device or resource busy
>   Failed to activate new LV.
>     Creating volume group backup "/etc/lvm/backup/thing0" (seqno 17).
>     Wiping internal VG cache
>
> I don't know if this is a drbd issue or an lvm.  I can't seem to find
> anything on it.
>
> Thanks
> Ken Lowther

Obvius question first; Is the DRBD in Primary?

Please share more details about your config so that folks can better
help you, rather than making wild stabs in the dark. :)

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"At what point did we forget that the Space Shuttle was, essentially,
a program that strapped human beings to an explosion and tried to stab
through the sky with fire and math?"